Extreme Venture Partners presented another round of Extreme University in the summer of 2010. At “ExtremeU” 3 companies got a chance to bring their great idea to life, and draw upon the technology and business expertise of the EVP team. Along with new experts, experts from 2009 year’s ExtremeU returned to speak and mentor the ExtremeU “class of 2010″.
How: Each company:
- * Received $5,000(US) + $5,000 (US) per founder in exchange for a 10% ownership stake in their company
- * Moved their team to our shared ExtremeU office space at Yonge & King (downtown Toronto)
- * Had weekly mentoring sessions by industry experts in technology, funding, legal, public relations, marketing and human resources
- * Met a who’s who of experts at our monthly socials and had an opportunity to practice their pitch and demo their in-progress prototype
- * Had access to local shared resources to accelerate product development
When: The program ran for 12 weeks starting July 5th, 2010.
|Albert Lai||Kontagent||Startup Lifecycle|
|Ali Asaria||Well.ca||How to get funding|
|Colin Ground||Cassels Brock & Blackwell||Setting up a VC friendly structure|
|Dan Debow||Rypple||Sales & Marketing|
|Chamath Palihapitiya||Startup lessons and user growth|
|Mike McDerment||Freshbooks||Product Management|
|Rick Segal||Fixmo||Startup mistakes to avoid|
|Dan Martell||Flowtown||The gratification model and game mechanics|
|Austin Hill||Akoha||Entrepreneurs can change the world|
|Derek Szeto||Red Flag Deals||Startup evolution of Red Flag Deals|
|Tomi Poutanen||Yahoo Answers||Growing the early user base and fostering the community|
|Noah Godfrey||Gigpark||Viral growth strategies and lessons learnt|
|Anand Agarawala||Bumptop||The art of the hustle|
|Mark Organ||Influitive||Product market fit|
ExtremeU 2010 Companies
Extreme University is led by Farhan Thawar, Dean of ExtremeU. Farhan has over 13 years experience in the technology sector. He is currently the VP of Engineering at Xtreme Labs.